Saturday, January 26, 2013

The Hen : An Appreciation

Ahhh! E.B. White's The Hen: An Appreciation.  All you backyard chickeners will enjoy his little blurb.


We are eagerly waiting for the days to get longer and longer and our chickens to lay more and more eggs... And I am wanting more chickens. I want to be patient and wait for one of our girls to feel drawn to motherhood... At which point I will sneak some fertilized eggs underneath her and let her do all the work of caring for the babies. But, it is hard to be patient. I am ready for some more bitties!

My mother has convinced me that I must do an oil painting of the above photo... I have decided where I will put it when it is finished, but I have not decided when and where I will do the toxic fume, messy work...hmmm. And what if my paint has all dried up? There are downsides to being an artist of many many varied mediums (as my husband can assure you whenever we try to organize and clear out our basement- my workshop)!

No comments: