Thursday, June 21, 2012

too hot to handle


What do you get when you take an old worn out pot holder, some fabric scraps and few minutes of your time?


I have noticed that the main pot holder I grab most of the time is not lovely. at all. Something about the size, shape, and thickness must be just right, though, because I use it a lot. I'm not even sure where it came from (if you recognize it as your own, feel free to claim it ;-). The other night I was carrying stuff down to the basement while waiting for water to boil. I grabbed the pot holder on my way and decided to make it look a bit more presentable. The pieced front was stitched together before the water boiled. I LOVE and quick project like this... My most used potholder now makes me so much happier every time I use it and I didn't have to put more than 15 minutes towards giving it a makeover.

As my mama always said, "A thing of beauty is a joy forever."


3 comments:

Brooke said...

Love it! Will be doing this soon! Great idea.

jane said...

Much easier than making the dreaded bias binding and doing it all from scratch ;-)

Christy said...

Wish I could claim it! Never gave 2 seconds thought to my hideous pot holders. Everything becomes beautiful after being in your hands.

PS - My chickie girls are all in their coop and loving it! Yea for chickens!