Thursday, June 28, 2012

getting your flag colors on!

My mother-in-law requested that we wear our "flag colors" on the forth of July for a big family photograph. I don't know about you, but I don't really have a lot of "flag colored" clothing. Well, I have plenty of white... some blue... not much red, but really nothing that combines them all together in a festive patriotic way. So--- I did a quick little project and now I'm set for years ;-)


I saw this little appliqued tank project in a sewing book that passed through my hands a while ago. I'm sorry to say that I'm not sure which one it was... But, all you need is a few scalloped pieces of wonder-under and fabric scraps... couldn't be simpler.


If you would like a refresher on the applique process, here is a link to a previous tutorial that walks you through the steps.

So, how about you? Do you dress in festive attire on the 4th? My grandfather alway wore a sequined red and white striped tie and had a special "flag color" painted cane for the occasion. Sometimes I really miss decorating my bike with red,white, and blue streamers for our neighborhood parade! Maybe Andrew will consent to some streamers on our car?  ;-)

1 comment:

Brooke said...

The book was "Sew Darn Cute" and you actually own it even though it had been at my house for a long while now. ;)